08 July 2010

Such as yourself....

Flickr never misses a chance to take a stab at your ego. After multiple attempts to even create an account (apparently if you don't access it often enough they close it--not very lack-of-internet-friendly), I finally sat down today to give it another try. Of course, I forgot my username (does anyone even use Yahoo mail accounts??) but finally hacked in and rushed to upload photos and videos of my time here in Zambia. Worse than Microsoft Word's paperclip that pops up and asks, "do you need help?," harsher than Google's, "did you mean?," Flickr just told me "free account holders, such as yourself, are limited to only two video uploads per month." First of all, I refuse to be just another fish in the 'free account holder' sea and second, Flickr, I don't appreciate your tone. I must admit I continued to upload photos...but how else is the world going to get a glimpse of this?!?!?


The world needs babies, and I? I need Flickr...

1 comment:

  1. If you really appreciate their service, 25 bucks a year ain't all that much.

    I think the best thing about a pro account is that you get unlimited storage space, and access to your original images instead of the shrunk down web versions. So for twenty five bucks a year you've got a backup of all your uploaded pics if your stuff gets ripped off.

    http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/#28

    ReplyDelete